Sometimes you just want a good bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs and what better way to eat them than without all the starchy carbs and extra calories? I love to make this dish using delicious Spaghetti Squash. Although we are almost out of the winter squash season, we still have a couple of weeks to take advantage of this great food. Not only is it so colorful, it is packed full of nutrients and it's easy to make.
When I suggest this dish, usually the first thing people ask me is, "Does Spaghetti Squash Taste Like Spaghetti?"
Spaghetti Squash by itself doesn't necessarily taste like Spaghetti, but when it is cooked, it has the same fun stringy properties as noodles, and is the perfect consistency for twirling around your fork with one of our great Meals That Transform organic marinara dressings. To cook this yummy gourd follow these directions:
- Heat up your oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the squash in half, length-wise
- Lay the squash face down in a shallow casserole dish with a little bit of water
- Cook it for 40 minutes
- Scrape it out with a fork
- Add organic turkey meatballs and marinara sauce
- Top with a little sprinkle of cheese (we like Feta, Goat or hard shaved Parmesan) and serve warm
Transform Fact: Spaghetti Squash, as with all gourds, are often pollinated through honey bees, and are full of nutrients like; vitamin C, niacin, folic acid, and iron, and are free of cholesterol which makes this plant food, super heart healthy for you and your family.
Make sure to get your Gourds in before the winter is over to enjoy this trans-formative dish!