Hey, we get it. With colder weather, darker days, and plenty of holiday parties to attend, it's difficult to stick with the habits you've worked so hard to create so far this year. It's certainly easier to curl up on the couch in front of the TV instead of going to the gym or to indulge in that extra cocktail and cookie at your company party rather than a handful of fresh veggies.
No matter where you are on the path toward your goals, we're here to support you. Today we're sharing a few of our favorite tips for staying committed to eating well, being active, and caring for our bodies and minds during the busy holiday season.
- Write it down. Put your goals and your "I AMs" on sticky notes and post them around your house, at your office, and in your car so you are constantly reminded of what you are working for. If you haven't already, create a vision board.
- Get outside. Bundle up and get some fresh air! Nature has a positive impact on our mental and physical well-being. Plus, being outside is a good way to escape social media, TV news, and other digital distractions.
- Enlist a friend. Accountability is a powerful tool, so make a date for yoga or a walk with a friend. Use it as an opportunity to honor your commitment and to connect (or reconnect) with people you love.
- Get enough sleep. Exhaustion clouds our judgment, challenges our commitment, and generally makes otherwise fun activities seem like a chore. Consider small changes to your diet and your surroundings to sleep better.
- TRANSFORM your space. If getting to the gym, pool, or studio is a tall order, invest in a few simple tools for an at-home workout. We like a yoga mat and foam roller at the very least -- a great start for your CHIYOGAFLOW practice!
As always, Team TRANSFORM is committed to providing you with fresh, organic meals and snacks to support your busy lifestyle. If we can help, give us a call -- and have a fantastic holiday!