Did you know that as we age, our immune systems tend to weaken, we might not track our nutrition as carefully as we once did, and we might move our bodies more slowly and less often? Letting our health and wellness fall to the wayside can have a negative impact on our quality of life, but people of any age can feel great, have sustained energy to stay active, and be happy and fulfilled with some basic self-care.
I chatted with the KUTV Fresh Living crew about the best ways to stay healthy, fit, and active after 65, but know that these tips apply at any age! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Eat your greens! Two cups per day is a good goal, and it's perfectly OK to drink your veggies (and all those beneficial vitamins, minerals, and enzymes) in the form of fresh-pressed juice.
- Drink antioxidant-rich green tea.
- Soak up vitamin D by spending 5-15 minutes per day outside.
- Reduce inflammation with omega 3s.
- Get moving! CHIYOGAFLOW is a gentle yet powerful way to be active.
Check out the segment for more! What are your favorite wellness practices?
Your biggest fans in health and wellness,
Angela and Team TRANSFORM