This is the first in a summer series about entertaining with flair. Over the next few months, we'll be talking party planning, healthy recipes, and more!
'Tis the season for outdoor BBQs, garden cocktail parties, and all manner of summer parties. We at TRANSFORM are all about community, and hosting your close friends and family is a great way to connect with people who lift you up and support you in your goals.
It's important to remember that you can entertain without derailing your commitment to health—or your stress level. The number one rule is: Work ahead. Ironing out the details early keeps you from feeling frenzied on party day and allows you to enjoy the festivities as much as your guests. Here are six of our favorite tips for entertaining with flair.
1. Simplify. Being a great host isn't about extravagance. Do what you know best, whether it's creative cocktails or a seated dinner.
2. Be prepared. Know that you can throw an impromptu event with basics you have on hand: ingredients for a signature cocktail, some classy decor, and a rockin' playlist.
3. Choose your vibe. Select lighting, music, seating, and temperature that are conducive to eating, drinking, and socializing.
4. Get inspired. Pull an idea or two for decorations from your favorite magazine, book, or blog.
5. Embrace Mother Nature. Disperse overgrown mint among vases of flowers. Arrange generous bouquets of tree trimmings in urns. Fill a wooden bowl with citrus fruits.
6. Take it outside. Don't feel obligated to restyle your interior to fit the vibe. If it's too cold, bring in your patio furniture and potted plants to create the casual feel of an outdoor party.
Stay tuned for more tips, tricks, and secrets for entertaining this summer!
Your biggest fans in health and wellness,
Angela and Team TRANSFORM